A typical summertime treat gets an unexpected burst of flavor from juicy limes and smoky chipotle pepper.
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Chipotle-Lime Butter
Take your corn on the cob to the next level with tart lime juice and smoky spices.
- 12 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 stick of salted butter, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. chipotle chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (use just 1/8 for less heat)
- Juice from half a lime
- Olive oil
- Fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Let's Get Cooking:
- In a bowl or food processor; combine butter, spices, and lime juice. Blend until fully incorporated.
- Add butter mixture to a corn butterer and refridgerate to harden, about 1 hour.
- Clean and oil grill grates and turn burners on high. Preheat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Place corn on grill and turn occasionally until grill marks and charred blisters appear on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove corn from grill, spread chipotle butter, and top with cilantro.
OPTIONAL: If desired, sprinkle Cotija cheese over top for an authentic Mexican street corn flavor.
Share your favorite party food recipe with us in the comments!